Happy Holiday to all, whatever holiday you celebrate.
Though I don’t do much baking during the rest of the year, at Christmas time I enjoy making Christmas cookies and pies. I put on holiday music and cook.
Usually traditional Christmas songs like Silent Night and Oh Holy Night are played, but recently I heard a song that was more country. “Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy” is a song co-written by Buck Owens and Don Rich in 1965. The song has been covered by several country music artists, including Garth Brooks and Brad Paisley among others. This tune rang a bell with me because in our family my husband always dressed up in a Santa suit on a Christmas Eve. One year the younger of our kids said she could tell it was Daddy because Santa wore the same glasses as he did. The jig was up, but the kids still wanted him to wear the suit the next year too.
Now we have a four year old and a six year old in the family, so my hubby will be back in the Santa suit again.
Do you have a special holiday tradition?
Whatever holiday you and your family celebrate, have a wonderful and safe time during this extraordinary year!
Here is a pie recipe to serve or deliver to the family and remain safe with Covid.
AN EASY PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE:
- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust. Keep frozen until used.
- 1 14 oz can of pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, add more if needed for taste
- Preheat oven at 425F
- In a large bowl beat 2 eggs, then add sugar, pumpkin, spice and mix together. Slowly add half and half. When completely mixed, pour into the frozen crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425F. Reduce heat to 350 F and cook for 55 to 60 minutes or until an inserted knife come out clean.
- After pie cools, keep covered in the refrigerator until needed. Serve with a whipping cream topping.
Please remember to join us by signing up for my newsletter.